Save the e mail off old computer

Fred the flour grader 19:12 14 Nov 05

Hi guys, a guy at work has asked how does he save a fair selection of e mails off his old pc and get them onto his new one?

His old one has no cd writer and the new one does not have a floppy drive. I have told him to create a new folder and put all the e mails he wants in to it.
He is giving the old pc to his son and the son is going to format the whole machine.

I know this sounds daft but could he plug a mp3 player into the old pc and copy them to there and then transfer them to the new one that way? I don't think it would work but he says someone told him it should. any advice appreciatted..Fred

csqwared 19:49 14 Nov 05

Could he not just forward the e-mails to himself from the old machine and open them on his new one?

cc

LastChip 19:49 14 Nov 05

but could he not copy the files to a USB pen drive and transfer from there?

Fred the flour grader 20:03 14 Nov 05

he has changed his internet supplier so he can't use his old e mail address.
How much does a usb pen drive cost? I told him weeks ago to save anything he wanted into new files and e mail them to me or to his work e mail address, then he could of retrieved them that way.

csqwared 20:23 14 Nov 05

even if his internet supplier is different all the old e-mails are still on file on the old machine. Just forward them to his new e-mail account and open on the new machine.

cc

Forum Editor 20:41 14 Nov 05

the change of internet service provider has nothing to do with it.

A pen drive will cost between £25 and £40, and is well worth the investment, but by far the simplest method is to forward the mail to himself and download it to the new machine. This may have to be done in easy stages if there are a lot of messages - ISPs place limits on mailbox transfer sizes.

Fred the flour grader 20:59 14 Nov 05

Thanks a lot guys, I always thought you could not send the e mails if you had changed provider.
Hopefully he can sort it all out now.

Catastrophe 11:19 26 Nov 05

Try click here

Type in your old address and p/word and you may find what you want.

Sirpad 22:36 26 Nov 05

I don't get this Catastrophe....why would he give his userid and password to this site?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac