To save document in Word instead of WordPad

LAP 18:15 08 Apr 07

Can you please help a work colleague. Using Internet Explorer he opens a work learning program at work when he saves this it is saved in Word.

But when at home it saves in WordPad which he does not like. He states he is not given a drop down box ie to select Word. What does he need to do? Thank you.

Has he got an Office Suite installed on his home PC?

LAP 19:24 08 Apr 07

Thanks for reply. I'm emailing that to him right now

LAP 19:37 08 Apr 07

A friend has created a Frame 5 columns by 32 rows on Landscaped paper A4 and inserted only text. Some of the columns have different size boxes in. He then copies and pastes this into Publisher, but the columns and rows do not paste correctly.

Using the frames in publisher is not an option as this is not flexible enough for what he is doing.

Any ideas how he can do this? Thank you.

LAP 19:38 08 Apr 07

Whoops sorry wanted to start a new thread. Will try again. Please ignore.

LAP 17:04 10 Apr 07

[email protected]. he came back at last.. He does not have Office Suite installed. He has Microsoft Works which contains Microsoft Word.

Can you help? thank you...

pj123 18:43 10 Apr 07

I think he needs to download Open Office which is compatible with MS Office.

LAP 19:16 10 Apr 07

pj123, thanks for the reply. I see it is a free download. What does he have to do, once downloaded?

Greengage 19:20 10 Apr 07

Surely he should not have to download another program - albeit free - when he's got MS Word installed. Cannot he "browse" in order to save in Word?

oldbeefer2 19:29 10 Apr 07

Don't think Works has Word - only Office has this prog?

LAP 19:44 10 Apr 07

oldbeefer2 he states he has Microsoft Word installed on his computer. When he wants save part of his 'work' it only gives him the option to save in WordPad. Is there anything he can alter to change this?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…