SatNav- TomTom One 3rd Edition - Europe

Dellman 10:06 13 Apr 08

Recently purchased the above unit. Under their Latest Map Guarantee, I updated/downloaded their newest Western Europe Map. However, it still shows as being 30 weeks out of date with c. 19,000 items awaiting to be updated via their MapShare service. I have registerred with TomTom Mapshare, but the Mapshare downloads to update do not appear as being available for me to download.

(I have been able to download other items e.g. Speed Camera updates, GPS Satellite positions etc)

TomTom Customer Services doesn't seem to be very helpful!!

Anyone else had similar MapShare problems and been able to overcome them?

Dellman 21:04 13 Apr 08

Anyone????

Jim Thing 21:36 13 Apr 08

Yes, I'm having similar problems with a TomTom One unit (GB only) which directs me onto a road which is planned but not built yet, but has no record of a 'new' roundabout that's been in service for about a year. However, I regret I can't offer any advice as I haven't yet been able to establish whether the problem is my fault or TomTom's. For the moment I've shelved it in order to get on with other things.

TomTom Customer Services don't seem to be very helpful, as you say, so I'll follow your thread with interest.

Dellman 21:49 14 Apr 08

Got the below from Tomtom.....

"Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support

Map share corrections have been temporarily disabled due to work being done on TT Home 2, please try again in a couple of days. We apologize for any inconvenience.

With Best Regards"

I've been trying to get the Mapshare Updates for about 10 days....!!!..I'll check again as they suggest over the coming days.

paddy75 22:10 14 Apr 08

Dellman & Jim Thing Have a look here you might get some info.Paddy click here

woodchip 22:20 14 Apr 08

i had problems updating my tomtom one cracker yesterday

Dellman 22:08 15 Apr 08

whey hey...........logged in and MapShare download was available!!. Downloaded straight onto TomTom. TomTom Home 2 confirms map is now up to date!!

Jim Thing 22:54 15 Apr 08

Thanks for posting the good news. I hope MapShare will still be available in the morning!

woodchip 22:57 15 Apr 08

thanks will update mine now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac