Satnav - no voice prompts

Throbber 09:01 08 Oct 05

I upgraded to Tomtom navigator 5 on my Palm Zire72. Despite much correspondance with Tomtom, I can't activate any voice prompts, though everything else works fine. Voice prompts worked fine on previous version. Anyone else had this, or know how to fix it?

Klof Ron 10:41 08 Oct 05

Don't know if it will help, but do you have the latest version for the Palm PDA click here , also at the risk of stating the obvious have you checked the sound is not muted on the PDA also that you have sound enabled in the preferences of the Tom Tom software.

Throbber 10:54 08 Oct 05

Thanks, Klof Ron, but I have already checked all your suggestions. Still no voices.

Klof Ron 11:07 08 Oct 05

Have you tried checking the "Volume Preferences" to check the sound is turned up, also uncheck the "Link volume to speed of car" option, also what happens when you go to "Change voices" option and select a voice and press "Test" do you get any sound.

Throbber 11:43 08 Oct 05

Thanks again, Klof Ron. But still no joy. When I try to change voices or test voices I get the error message "You did not select a useable voice."

Magik ®© 11:54 08 Oct 05

your best bet is to ask here

click here

anchor 12:30 08 Oct 05
  Throbber 12:38 08 Oct 05

Thanks, all. I'll try these sites and see what they come up with.

Bagsey 15:05 08 Oct 05

Try the Tom Tom Forum click here
Someone there will be able to advise.

Throbber 22:32 10 Oct 05

Have posted problem on all the sites mentioned, now awaiting responses. I'll let you all know how it goes. Thanks to all.

anchor 09:44 11 Oct 05

The forum mentioned by Bagsey is for "TomTom-Go" only, not for TomTom navigator 5. The other forums should be of assistance.

TomTom`s own support phone number is:

0845 161 0009

However, it may take a long time to get through; they are always busy. Good luck!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…