satin photo paper

Johny C 01:59 26 Jul 04

Hi Again

I have just purchased the wrong type f paper, now i will use this paper, so i thought, when i print a photo out with this satin paper the ink just floats on the surface of the paper. i have tried a couple of different settings but nothing has improved this.

My printer is a epson stylus cx3200 running windows xp pro

any help would be appreciated.........cheers John

€dstowe 06:27 26 Jul 04

What brand/type is this paper?

Does it state on the packet that it is for inkjet printing?

If yes, return it to your supplier as unsuitable for purpose.

Johny C 10:13 26 Jul 04

Its Atlas Inkjet media phto quality satin paper bought from

click here

hope this helps cheers............. John

€dstowe 10:41 26 Jul 04

Well, yes it does claim to be for the purposes you are using it for.

I'm not familiar with that brand so I can't pass any informed comment.

Please note that some photo papers take a time to be "touch dry" and, until that has happened on matte, satin and pearl finish papers, there can be a glossy appearance. I get the impression, though, from what you say that the ink is not being absorbed at all.

I suggest that you contact SVP and tell them you are having a problem and see what they say about it. I have dealt with the company, though not for paper, and found them quite helpful.

€d

Bebee 10:57 26 Jul 04

If the ink is not being absorbed at all, are you using the right side of the paper? It's a bit harder to tell with satin.

Brett

€dstowe 11:05 26 Jul 04

Good point Bebee.

If the base is a polymer sheet, that would happen. Conversely, if it were paper, it would probably absorb double quick;-)

It's Me 15:42 26 Jul 04

Agreed.
With Satin paper, when you think you have it right, you usually haven't. Turn it over and try again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…