From Satellite Receiver to Computer.

tycapel7 20:16 20 Apr 05

I have a Satellite receiver that has an external hard drive connected to it. I have tried to get Windows to recognise the file that it makes, so that I can make a DVD of what I have recorded.

The receiver is a Manhattan plaza st 550. After making a recording onto the hard drive, I take the hard drive to the computer and connect it as the secondary master, which can be read from the primary master.

I then try to read what is on it from the other hard drive on my computer. It does say that there is a media file on it, but does not recognise it as a windows file.

Widows explorer cannot read the file, so I am unable to read the file extension. I did try and have Windows on the drive before I connect it to the receiver, but it would not accept that at all. Can anyone tell me please, should I be able to read the file or convert it to mpeg using some extra software, or is there another way I have not tried yet.

Regards, Bobby.

DieSse 23:00 20 Apr 05

It isn't a Windows file, and it isn't a Windows filing system, so it's hardly surprising it can't be recognised. I think it's unlikely Sky gives out the specs of how it's recorded, so it's unlikely you'll find anything for a PC to read it.

Having said that, I would never say anything is impossible!

timeteam2004 23:00 20 Apr 05

click here Go to their site and post a tech request. Might get you further than here.

DieSse 23:08 20 Apr 05

Reading this forum someone said the recording are raw, encrypted files anyway - so they still need to be played back throught the Sky decryption facility (ie a Digibox).

This forum looks the sort of place where someone might know more. click here

DieSse 23:10 20 Apr 05

Ah - you didn't say Digibox - sorry, me making 5 out of 2+2 again. As timeteam2004 says - ask the mfrs forum.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…