Satellite P30

5starred 16:07 17 Mar 07

Anyone got a Toshiba P30 Satellite? Just wondering if you can get at the fans to clean them?

Zero G 16:30 17 Mar 07

Can of Compressed Air & the nozzle of a hoover works well.

woodchip 17:13 17 Mar 07

You may get a bit of dust out, but if you smoke or depending where it's used you will not do much with air or a vac. as the above are sticky And the Laptop will need part dismantling

5starred 22:07 17 Mar 07

removed all the screws but can't get the fans

keverne 22:35 17 Mar 07

What problems are you having that makes it so necessary for you to attempt to dismantle your P30?

Ashrich 23:03 17 Mar 07

If you feel confident ...click here but it's a complete tear down manual , you may not need to do it all

Ashley

woodchip 23:08 17 Mar 07

The way to go, is first remove the strip just below the screen. Should slide to one side on most laptops, look for a pin hole at the back edge to release it the fan is in the duckting thing with CPU heatsink. You may have to remove the screen just pry the cover clips over the hinges from the front with a thin knife so you can get at the screws. there will be a plug from the screen at both ends it only goes on one way

5starred 04:12 19 Mar 07

daconnor

The laptop keeps shutting down presume that its overheating. I have bought a coolpad but still making little difference. I just wanted to clean the fans but looking at what you have to do I might have just changed my mind.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…