Satellite broadband in Europe

Bald Eagle 21:08 11 Jan 04

What do you think of this offer?

click here

I don't play games, I believe the uploading speed is slow on satellite systems and this is a drawback for games players. A € is around 74p. Do these companies come and go?

matt1234 21:14 11 Jan 04

i still say stick to adsl as it is alot quicker and is easier i hav a friend who has satellite and acording to him u have to have planning permision for the dish and he taks up the phone line and has a big dish out side!

waste of time if u ask me!

Newuser2193 17:11 06 Mar 04

Ehotspot (click here) offer a satellite broadband at 2 Mb download and 500 Kb upload. They make use of the Aramiska satellite system (click here). You only need a small aerial on your roof which receives the signal from a central node transmitter.

I myself have had the service for a week and after initial teething troubles it seems fine. I have not achieved the speeds quoted but I have achieved download speeds which are around 16 times faster than with my dial-up modem. I know gaming is a problem due the satellite's latency, and peer to peer software doesn't work properly on it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…