//some 3rd party need geo

satellite broadband

bellyshere 22:11 04 Jul 03

I can't get adsl broadband or cable. What about sat broadband? Does anyone know anything about it and where can i get it?

Willow12 11:32 05 Jul 03

Just type satellite broadband in a Google search. There are lots of companies offering it.

Willow12 11:33 05 Jul 03

Doesn't look cheap though!

The Idle one 12:04 05 Jul 03

I have Satellite broadband from BT.
It is very good for normal use - but no good for games & so on - due to the approx 600 milisec delays of the satellite.
If you do a lot of d/l or u/l the bandwidth is often reduced in peak times.
Speeds are approx 500k d/l & 160k u/l - however i have known it to be 800k in early hours
cost is approx 70 per month inc vat. but is expensivee to install. (I got mine cheap - one of the first last August).
hope this is some help.

colin

SB23 15:12 05 Jul 03

I'm also in the no broadband area,but i read an article in a mag about a company called SkyLinc (click here) who say that they've developed a way of providing broadband to every area of the UK using balloons and a radio link,(i think),but the service won't be ready till sometime next year.We'll have to keep our eyes and ears open for more info....SB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…