satalite broadband One way

14 22:08 16 Oct 03

I live in the sticks and want broadband, have tried to research sat broadband but all seems to be very expensive for installation...... does any one know any good deals.....

Amsat supply sat broadband for £19.99 per month but costs £199 to install, is this good? Spec - downloads between 512 - 2 meg per sec / uploads at 56Kbs due to it being a one way.

Would the slow upload speed affect online games such as first person RPGs which are impossible to play on a dial up connection?

I just need some guidance on what is best, i hate dial up but dont want to spend a small fortune on sat broadband especially if i can only use it to download songs movies etc

thanks for your help

Tim1964 00:07 17 Oct 03

The dial up upload speed will have the same effect as dialup both ways. For e.g any action in the game will have to sent up the line and so will cause a delay even though the other players will appear to move normally.

One way to keep the install costs down may be to consider sharing with the neighbours.

14 08:16 17 Oct 03

Will the slow upload speed cause significant problems when playing online in other words will i be able to see the effects it is having?

Jester2K II 08:44 17 Oct 03

Probably - gaming is a two way thing. You need to be able to send info fast as well as receive it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…