Sata and Ide Setup

rainwarrior 19:36 22 Jan 05

hi, im running a is7 series motherboard, with 2 sats and ide connections, i went to purchase an 80gig ide h/d, none in stock got a sata instead, my problem is i want my spare ide (20 gig) for master and windows of course, but i want the sata(80gig) partitioned for storage and multimedia files, as im sick of gettin hit and having too reformat everything thus loosing all my multimedia. I have tried all types of combos in bios and cant get it seint the drives right or at all and the manual is more use as toilet paper.. if someone can help me with gettin this set up ill be greatfull ty

jimv7 19:51 22 Jan 05

What operating system are you trying to install.

Have you got or downloaded the sata drivers from the hdd manufacturer, or are the sata drivers buried on your motherboard driver cd.

If winxp, at the start of the clean installation, press f6 when asked for scsi drivers, give it the floppy or cdrom with the sata drivers on, commonly it will be a floppy disk, failing that, disconnect the sata, load your operating system with all drivers, shut down and reconnect the sata drives, give xp the drivers when the found new hardware screen appears.

rainwarrior 19:52 22 Jan 05

im running windows xp prof,

Irishman 20:03 22 Jan 05

Try one of these click here
I've got them fitted to two IDE hard drives and they work great. They've freed up both my IDE channels.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…