sata hdd lead query urgent

sunny staines 18:09 16 May 07

in the middle of building a pc for someone, never fitted a SATA drive before. i have fitted the lead from the power unit ok. but the mother board[foxconn] came with two leads both appear similar one called "RB-404" the other "S-ATA Signal Cable" do i fit both of these to the drive or just one of them and does it make it difference which one. its a sataII board and sata11 hdd.

got stuff all over the floor would appriciate a quick reply please.

zeppman 18:22 16 May 07

I have a SATA drive ,It has the 2 connections the power cable & the signal cable both are connected to drive.

sunny staines 18:26 16 May 07

thanks, any idea what the other one is is looks the same but different plastic on cable and diffent name

MAJ 18:49 16 May 07

I think the SATA Signal Cable is for data transfer up to 1.5Gb/s (SATA) the RB-404 cable is for data transfer up to 3Gb/s (SATA II).

MAJ 18:55 16 May 07

Not sure if that's correct though.

sunny staines 22:06 16 May 07

installed xp using the serial sata cable all went ok hdd wise. had problems with realtek dll drivers clashing with windows memory but search of the ms knoweledge base found a fix for that but that was another nightmare fix tonight, finishing off the build and software installs tomorrow.

thanks all for helping

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…