SATA Hard Drive problems.

clayton 18:50 20 May 05

Ive just formated my pc & installed xp on my ide drive, having connected my second sata drive i am unable to open the drive windows just asking if i want to format the drive, in my computer the drive file system is shown as RAW with 0 free & 0 used space.
Thanks for any help you can give.

Dorsai 19:12 20 May 05

bump

clayton 21:43 20 May 05

bump again.

Joe R 21:52 20 May 05

clayton,

you could try this, right click on my computer, choose manage, go to storage, then disk management.

if your drive is listed here, you should be able to right click, and format it.

Djohn 22:03 20 May 05

Have a look here for full instructions and an excellent guide to your issue, full instructions step by step on how to format or initialise a second drive. click here

clayton 22:10 20 May 05

the drive has files on that i want to keep so dont want to format it, just checking your link thanks Djohn.

clayton 10:28 21 May 05

I cant see anything there that would help, the sata drive im trying to add was working fine before i formatted my ide drive.

Joe R 11:18 21 May 05

clayton,

This may be what you are looking for. click here

clayton 11:28 21 May 05

thanks joe sounds like it could work, but are you 100% sure if i convert back to fat 32 that i wont loose any of the files on the sata drive ??

Joe R 11:33 21 May 05

clayton,

I cannot be 100% sure about it, but I've converted a few drives from NTF to Fat32, and vice versa, with no missing or corrupt files.

clayton 17:38 21 May 05

Partition magic will only let me convert to a logical partition, will this be ok ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009