SATA hard drive

maquilla 10:43 13 Jul 03

built new system, a7n8x deluxe, xp3200+ 1024 ddr 400, 9700 pro, on initial boot, hard drive is not recognised. Can someone tell me how to set SATA hard drive as primary master, also what do i set samsung combo dvd/cd rewiter as. Any detailed info would be great as i am very inexperienced. Thanks

LastChip 11:25 13 Jul 03

There are no jumpers to set on a SATA drive. The electronics (controller) automatically configures the drive for you.

If possible, put your Samsung Combo on a separate channel and set as "Master".

If you are trying to install XP (or Win2K), the operating system will not recognize your drive. At the point you get an option to Press F6 for SCSI drivers, do it, and install the drivers that would have come with the drive. (Probably on a floppy) The operating system should then pick the drive up and installation should proceed as normal.

Take a look at the Maxtor Knowledge base for more information.

bhocip 14:44 13 Jul 03

Have a similar problem with my home built system. Asus PG48X mobo, P4 1.5G Win 2K. Have used 2 Seagate Barracuda drives for RAID. These have an Asus Dongle connected to make Raid Drives. Both drives recognised on POST. Only 1 drive recognised in setting up Raid- following instuctions in downloaded manual.
Have sent an e-mail to ASUS and received a reply after 2days, requesting more details. If this proves to work, I will come back with anything that may be relevant. Hope you resolve it soon.

maquilla 14:55 13 Jul 03

thanks, seagate have a disc wizard downloadeable to floppy which covers installing a second drive on their site click here

bhocip 09:41 14 Jul 03

I have had a reply from Asus, they tell me that the Dongle will not work with my board. I am afraid that this info will not forward your problem unfortunately. I said I would come back to you in case you might find it useful to get in touch with the lady at Asus.
Need to get in touch with my supplier to see if if I can sort my problem sorted out.
Best Regards, hope you soon get it sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…