SATA HARD DISC

zarobian 20:27 29 Jan 05

I have already IDE HD installed with operating system(Win XP Pro) as drive 'C' and a SATA HD as drive 'G'. 'C' drive is jumpered as Master and SATA does not need such jumpers.
I want to make the SATA drive as drive 'C' and transfer the OS to it. It does not matter what letter is assigned to IDE drive thereafter. How easily I could do this. Will Xcopy transfer the OS and Boot Configuration plus other files to SATA or I will have to take the quantum leap by disconecting the IDE Drive and format the SATA and install the OS on it and thereafter reconnect the IDE drive and format it without Boot String that will be used as backup drive.
Any idea you wise folk.

paddyjack 20:38 29 Jan 05

you will have to install the os on the sata drive, but you will also need the sata drivers for your motherboard, if you are are licky you will have them as a floppy disk othrwise you will have to copy them from the motherboard cd.

zarobian 09:37 02 Mar 05

Thanks for the suggestion.Worked fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…