SATA ERROR - Controller 0, Channel 0, Master

geogeomac 21:33 30 May 05

Have got a SATA 250 gb drive. All of a sudden the above error meessage appears. Cant get access to the drive (where My Docs r) ans XP wont boot up if drive is connected. Had to disconnect drive so PC will boot up. IS ALL MY DATA LOST in this drive, or can I retrieve some of it. It was partitioned into 3 drives. Any advice or help would be appreciated.. Newcomer to this site.

stalion 21:50 30 May 05

Hi and welcome to the forum. I am not familiar with your problem and I do not know how experienced you are with computers. I have found this which may help you also wait for more replies Regards
click here

geogeomac 22:06 30 May 05

Hi Stalion - thankx for replying.Bit more info - Sata drive is not my main HDD, it was working fine, then I have a power problem on another drive, and after i got this fixd the error 'DISC FAILED, disc location ,controller 0, Channel 0, master.' occurred. If I boot up without the drive connected (power or red sata cable), then plug the other cable in, I get the above error message. Is my data all lost, or is it a power failure ? In COMPUTER MANAGEMENT in ADMIN, there is no sign of the drive, but in Device Manager(disk drives), it recognises it but with errors - Cheers

stalion 19:23 31 May 05

^^

stalion 20:33 31 May 05

anyone have any knowledge on this

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…