Sata and Eide Drives

steven_frost 07:24 23 Apr 05

Is it possable to have both of these types of hard drives installed on the same system

georgemac © 08:13 23 Apr 05

yes as long as the motherboard supports sata drives

I have a sata drive as my main drive in this pc and an ide drive as a backup drive

steven_frost 08:34 23 Apr 05

Every time i boot up it looks to the edie drives not the sata on how can i fix this problem

georgemac © 08:41 23 Apr 05

have you installed a sata drive after installing your OS (winxp?)

or have you installed the sata drive onto your existing system in addition to your ide hard drive which has the OS & the programmes on it?

If you are trying to install xp onto the sata drive, you will need the motherboard sata drivers on a floppy disk and will have to install the drivers by pressing f6 during the setup process

if you are adding the sata drive you will still need to install the motherboard sata drivers

steven_frost 09:03 23 Apr 05

done that the set up is two idie hard drives and one sata drive i want the sata drive as the master boot and the other two to back up to

bremner 09:48 23 Apr 05

Have you looked at the BIOS to ensure that the SATA drive is at the top of the list of HDD's in the Boot sequence.

georgemac © 10:03 24 Apr 05

disconnect the two ide drives, install windows on the SATA drive, once everything is installed connect the 2 ide drives

steven_frost 10:16 24 Apr 05

I have done that but the ide drives dont show in the my computer but do in the computer managment

georgemac © 11:55 24 Apr 05

have you formatted the ide drives? you can do this from disc management in computer management window

steven_frost 12:38 24 Apr 05

Dont really want to do that as they have files on them i need

steven_frost 11:47 25 Apr 05

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…