SATA & DVD R/RW Conflict

Boarder 08:08 19 Aug 06

I recently installed a second SATA Hard Drive on my AMD64, now my second dvd drive (writer) has dissappeared, when i try to get puter to search for it through device manager it still doesnt find it (DVD Drives are IDE) is that where the conflict lies?

FelixTCat 08:38 19 Aug 06

Boarder,

Might you have displaced the cable to the DVD drive when you fitted the new hard drive? Then Device Manager couldn't find it.

Regards,

Felix

Boarder 21:33 19 Aug 06

checked all connections, all good.

FelixTCat 21:49 19 Aug 06

Boarder,

Go to Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Computer Management - Disk Management. Do both DVD drives show up (probably CD-ROM 0 and CD-ROM 1). If so, there may be a drive letter clash. Right-click on the "missing" DVD drive and allocate a drive letter.

Regards,

Felix

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:31 19 Aug 06

click here

No CD/DVD or CD-ROM access is missing or error Code 19, Code 31, Code 32, Code 39, or Code 41
Try this if the optical drives are not appearing in My Computer or Device Manager.
(This is sometimes caused by the removal of Roxio or other writing software.)
Run regedit and navigate to registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.
Highlight it and in the right pane, find the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values.
Highlight each one in turn, right click and delete them.
Close regedit and restart the computer.
If in doubt make a restore point before making changes.

Boarder 07:27 21 Aug 06

Esp FelixTCat renumbered drives and it appears to solve problem, you guys are still the best !

Boarder

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5