SATA Drives & Norton Ghost 2003

Dendmar 06:37 26 Jun 06

I have used Norton Ghost 2003 and it has never given me any problems - in fact it has saved my bacon several times when I've fiddled too much. I hear it does not work with SATA Drives. I would appreciate some advice on this before I rush out and get something else.

MESH Support 09:40 26 Jun 06

Firstly, I had a similar problem with Ghost 2003 although at the time it did actually pick up what appeared to be a SATA drive (it was on a PCI Controller card although I forget now which model it was). It unfortunately decided then to create it's own brand new random filing system thereby trashing about 40gb of data.

Given my position and the fact we used Ghost for a time I had someone I could contact within Symantec who supplied me a generic driver and update to the software that gave me permanent access to SATA drives. I'm not sure if this was something they then went on to release to the public but it might be worth your contacting them to see if the update is available.

Hope this helps

Davey.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…