SATA Drives

Ken H Lamb 19:52 19 Feb 05

I have just built a computer using Abit's AV8 AMD64 939 motherboard I installed my old ATA drive but purchased a new SATA drive with the intention of installing it on the new computer and copying my files across. I carn't seem to get the SATA drive installed it does not show in the BIOS the only drivers that came with the motherboard appear to be for installing Raid drivers. Any ideas of how to get it up and running would be appreciated. Thanks in anticipation of a solution. Ken

Totally-braindead 20:01 19 Feb 05

Heres some advice from Seagate about their drives but they all should be the same click here

Totally-braindead 20:13 19 Feb 05

If you have a look at this click here , if this is the board you have there does appear to be a sata driver, it should be on your motherboard disk. I presume one of the sata drivers is for raid and the other is just for the sata. Clicked on the one at the bottom and its for raid see the (readme) so the other one must be just for sata and its the one you want.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…