sata drivers for xp install

Glummers 09:43 02 Mar 07

I have a "asrock ConRoe945G" motherboard, and i want to reinstall windows xp. However i cannot find the sata driver i need, which you have install during the xp install. I have lloked on the motherboard CD rom, and the only sata files i can find are 15mb in size. The driver needed for the install usually fits onto a floppy

can anyone help pls?

Totally-braindead 10:15 02 Mar 07

Is this the board? click here if it is heres all the drivers click here= Are you certain you need a SATA driver? You need a RAID driver sometimes but your board doesn't support that, you shouldn't need a SATA driver is it not built in?

Totally-braindead 10:24 02 Mar 07

Been reading the manual. You have to setup the boot device in the BIOS as SATA. I do find the section 2.12 a bit confusing. They way I read it you can install XP on the SATA drive but have to install the other drivers immediatly afterwards. I think.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…