sata drivers

FormatKing 12:15 08 Apr 06

Hi guys

I am trying to install win xp pro original version onto a seagate 250 gig sata hdd ST3250824AS
it seems I need a sata host adapter driver (which is on mobo) but am at a loss of where to find one

I have tried dell,seagate & MS but nothing ive downloaded works
google gives me loads of simular probs but no solutions can anybody direct me to correct driver

I seem to remember there was a way to stream serv pack 2 and xp pro onto a disc but cannot find link to this

any ideas please

Marsh Warden © ™ 12:40 08 Apr 06

Slipstream click here

Marsh Warden © ™ 12:43 08 Apr 06
  Marsh Warden © ™ 12:47 08 Apr 06

I believe SATA drivers are motherboard specific. Look on your mobo CD if you have it, or on the makers website, or post back with make and model of mobo for someone to assist.

FormatKing 12:56 08 Apr 06

cheers Marsh
will try auto slipstream downloading serv pack2 now
think dell 8400 has intel 915 chipset but driver from intel site did not work either
even updated bios but to no avail the powers that be really make thiese drivers hard to find

Totally-braindead 13:02 08 Apr 06

The motherboard disk should have SATA drivers on it, I've only built 2 PCs the one I'm on now an ASUS one and one based on a cheap ASROCK board, both had the drivers on the CD.

FormatKing 13:11 08 Apr 06

re ran cipset id seems dell 8400 has 925x express chipset with Intel(R) 82801FR I/O controller hub (ICH6R)
hi Totally-Braindead (just how I feel) dell O/S disc installs xp home serv pack2 fine onto sata but no idea which file I would need to copy for xp pro original install

Marsh Warden © ™ 14:03 08 Apr 06

Your drivers click here

FormatKing 21:19 08 Apr 06

thx Marsh
autostreamer worked a treat have copy of win wx pro SP2 booted fine but couldnt find sata hd

went back to dell link and R82876.exe worked
found sata hd and installed

biggest problem is most links wont fit on floppy and thas only option win xp install allows on F6

hopefully powers that be will put up better links

many thks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac