SATA driver problem

Matthotshot 15:18 16 Mar 05

I have been trying to install a new SATA hard drive on a new system. I am using a gigabyte motherboard. I have put the relevant files for the driver on a floppy disk and tried to install the driver as i have in the past on other machines.

The problem arises when i need to select the SATA driver from the list at the relevant point of windows XP set up. I only seem to have the sata raid drivers, i have tried looking for more options but there aren't any more.

If anyone can tell me what i am missing it would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks Matt

Phphred 15:24 16 Mar 05

Have you tried putting "SATA DRIVES" in the Search box on the left?

Chegs ® 16:24 16 Mar 05

gbttk.dll/Si3112.mpd/Si3112(setup info)Si3112(system file)SIISUPP.VXD/txtsetup.oem

These are the files you need on the floppy.Setup of XP starts,F6 to get XP to look on the A:\ drive,DO NOT put the floppy into the drive until XP specifically asks for it,or the error "txtsetup.oem" appears.

The come from the same folder on the mobo CD as the Si3112r files your presently trying(I'm using a Gigabyte board to)

Matthotshot 17:24 16 Mar 05

SIISUPP.VXD
This file is one i can't remember seeing before.

Is this maybe why i can't get the sata driver to work.

The only drivers i could get up were the raid drivers.

I will need to have a look.

Matt

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…