SATA Driver Install problem

Giggle n' Bits 23:55 28 Apr 06

Ok, now I have made 2 floppys and both come up the same when installing the SATA Driver at F6 time installing the WinXP both times it says "you have choosen to configure a SCSI Adapter etc" fine.

Problem is the instruction download from Gigabyte for infomation relating to how to create RAID and the SATA Floppy disk shows pics of the Driver by name of "Nvidia Raid Class Driver(required) & Shows Nvidia N Force Storage Controller(required) then goes onto say I only need the N Force Storage controller if not using Raid which is Fine.

But when using the disk I created for my Motherboard from the Driver CD it is wanting to install a Intel 82801ER Sata Raid Controller. So help please why is it offering me the Intel 82801ER driver when its a NForce 4 Motherboard and the instructions say its NVidia Sata ? Very strange eh! Also again I don't want RAID>

HELP PELASE is ADE.H around still.

Giggle n' Bits 01:18 29 Apr 06

Why is the SATA Driver picking up an Intel driver when its a Nvidia Motherboard Chipset Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro SLi.

A Pdf document from Gigabyte shows it as being listed as a Nforce 4 and not Intel.

Marsh Warden © ™ 12:33 29 Apr 06

Have you tried downloading the drivers from

click here

and trying again with them.

crosstrainer 18:41 29 Apr 06

I have an MSI motherboard with the same nforce chipset... soundds to me like you have been supplied the wrong discs

Giggle n' Bits 19:00 29 Apr 06

Thanks for your visit. Interesting what you say ref Wrong CD ! will be back in a mo.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…