sata driver

compy 20:42 25 Jul 05

xp pro
gigabyte GA-8GPNXP Duo motherboard and Maxtor 200 gb diamond max 10 sata hard drive.

I am trying a new motherboard / hard disk / XP installation but cannot get xp to recognise the hard disk. any ideas where i can get the correct driver. i am having Difficulties with the gigabyte site.

thanks for any help.

mattyc_92 20:48 25 Jul 05

It should be on a floppy disk that came with your motherboard/SATA Controller Card

compy 20:57 25 Jul 05

only a cd with the mobo.

keith-236785 21:01 25 Jul 05

try rebooting your pc with the motherboard cd in the drive, that is how i write a floppy sata driver disk for my asrock mobo...it might work for you. i dont know the mobo you have but look on the cd for RAID drivers read me file, it might tell you how to create the sata/raid setup floppy disk.

good luck

NotsoNewuser 21:43 25 Jul 05

You need a SATA driver floppy for you mobo and have to load it when XP asks if you have any third party drivers during the XP loading. There is only a short while to spot the instruction so look out.
This has also been a previous thread so it could be worth looking back in the threads.

bazb 21:43 25 Jul 05

you can get the sata drivers from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…