sata 11 how to set up

picklsey 16:39 14 Jun 06

xp pro asus a8n-sli deluxe m/b

got a knew 250sata 11 h/d now as i understand it i have to put drivers on to floppy hit f6 on install to set it up.would someone be kind enough to tell me which drivers i,m looking for to put onto floppy. tried a couple from m/b cd obviously the wrong ones,any help please.

maxtor h/d. thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:50 14 Jun 06

Dual RAID
The nForce4 chipset incorporated four Serial ATA and two parallel connectors with high performance RAID functions in RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 0+1 and JBOD. The Silicon Image controller provides another four Serial ATA connectors for RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 10, and RAID 5 functions. The A8N-SLI Deluxe is the ideal solution to enhance hard disk performance and data back up protection without the cost of add-on cards.

If you are NOT connecting more than one drive you do not need raid drivers at the F6 prompt.
JUst set BIOS to boot from CD as first boot device and follow the prompts to format the drive and install windows.

picklsey 17:00 14 Jun 06

thanks for reply i,ve tried that a couple of times but i get to windows will now start and then i get the message i have the wrong cd windows can,t read it and to put the correct cd in and try again.it is the correct cd tried it on other pc no problems with it,also tried other xp disk same message.any ideas thanks.

picklsey 17:00 14 Jun 06

thanks for reply i,ve tried that a couple of times but i get to windows will now start and then i get the message i have the wrong cd windows can,t read it and to put the correct cd in and try again.it is the correct cd tried it on other pc no problems with it,also tried other xp disk same message.any ideas thanks.

picklsey 20:17 14 Jun 06

thanks for your help on this got it sorted,here,s one to give you a laugh when i was setting up windows was asking for an earlier version to continue with the install .i completely forgot it was an upgrade cd i had.anyway wife slapped my lug hole called me a lot off names.sincere appologies for wasting your time on this can,t even youse the excuse i rushed it as i was at it from yesterday.

so sorry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…