Sassar to Floppy

spikeychris 12:18 21 May 04

Anyone come accross a patch for the Sassar worm that is under 1.4 meg? I need it to fit to floppy to give out to lots of people. There is an update

click here but it is 2.odd meg. The Blaster fitted onto FDD and made my life a lot easier.

WindowsXP-KB823980-x86-ENU.exe

spanneress 12:31 21 May 04

This one is 1.4 something...

click here

HTH

spikeychris 12:48 21 May 04

spanneress thats the fix what I need is the M$ patch. Thanks.

Nellie2 12:48 21 May 04

stinger will fit onto a floppy... but it is a cleaner not a patch

click here

spanneress 12:58 21 May 04

Oh, ok...that'll be me not reading it properly then (roll-eyes)...

Can't you compress it onto a folppy or get a file splitter and pop it onto 2?

computernerdiamnot 13:03 21 May 04

Try this for some info click here

spikeychris 13:13 21 May 04

computernerdiamnot, the patch is too big. spanneress "Can't you compress it onto a folppy or get a file splitter and pop it onto 2?" yeah I have done but most of the users have very basic I.T awareness and they wouldnt know what to do with it. The blaster was a doddle as it fitted onto a FDD. BTW whats a folpppy :o)

Nel..ahh..hello.

Belatucadrus 13:19 21 May 04

How about click here would it block Sasser allowing the people to download the patch ? Only 355k but not easy to configure. The commercial version would work, but I don't know if the default rule set in the Lite free version covers Sasser.

spikeychris 13:26 21 May 04

Belatucadrus, I've just downloaded it but I cant run it to test as I'm on a network and I dont want to change any settings. Thanks I'll give it a whirl tonight. I just cant believe that there isnt a patch thats under 1.4 meg??

techpro 13:28 21 May 04

Don't these people have CD drives?

spikeychris 13:40 21 May 04

Some of them have access to CD but most do not, its also a lot easier to give them a floppy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…