Sapphire Radeon HD5670 1GB GDDR5 won't work

jasio13 00:37 17 Feb 10

Hi,

I got a new Sapphire Radeon HD5670 1GB GDDR5 but it won't work. I wanted to upgrade my old graphic card to HD5679 but there must be some compatibility problem with my motherboard (ConRoe945g-dvi, PCIe x16). Would you have any advise how to solve this problem ? Do I have to change some settings in BIOS or something? The card seems to be ok as when the DVI cabel is connected the massage on the screen is changing from "no DVI cable connected" to "Power saving mode"( something like "stanby" mode). Nevertheless when the system starts nothing is happening, the screen stays black. Maybe it is not possible to use my old motherboard with this new card. Please help me.

Thanks a lot.

howard64 09:06 17 Feb 10

did you uninstall the driver for your original graphics card? It could of course be a faulty card but can you connect another card to check or put this card in another pc? If the card has an hdmi socket on it could you connect a hdmi cable from it to a tv. When I installed a new card I got nothing on the monitor but the hdmi powered up the tv and I was able to adjust the screen size which got the dvi output working.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple