Sapphire or Hercules?

Pikachu 12:16 13 May 03

Hi
Time to buy a graphics card what do you all recommend? I am particulary interested in the ATi Range at the moment as Geforce FX are to costly :(

Im currently intersted in the Hercules 9700 pro click here and the Sapphire 9700 pro click here or may go for the Sapphire ATI Radeon 9700 Pro Ultima Edition click here
Has anyone got experiences with these

My new machine is specifically for gaming - I will also need a new monitor any good ones out there it does not matter if its CRT or LCD.

maby66 13:10 13 May 03

Sapphire is cheaper than Hercules, though both are made to the same ATI reference design.
In terms of experiences I cant help you - just waiting for delivery of my own 9700 :)
However, if you go to click here and look in their forums, you will find a number of people with the info you require. I found them very knowledgable of pros and cons of all graphics cards as they are "hardcore" techheads and gamers.

In terms of monitor you need to make a choice between LCD and CRT first. In absolute quality of image terms, CRT is the way to go - LCD's are now close, but not quite there. A high quality CRT (eg Ilyama) will beat an LCD on pure image quality. However wiegh up cost and desk space as well. CRT will be cheaper, but will take up more space.
Personally I am buying an Ilyama 17" TFT. It is more expensive than a 17" or even 19" CRT, but it has exceptional quality of image/response time for a TFT and will reduce my desk space considerably, as I have a 21" Compaq at the moment. Try looking at places like click here for reviews and comparisons of TFT's, CRT's and performance in games.

Pikachu 13:22 13 May 03

Thanks will look into those reviews

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…