Saphire ATI Radeon 9550 256Mb DDR install probs

pasty2 14:03 07 Jan 05

Hi, just upgraded my Nvidia 64mb agp card to the ATI, tried installing the new card and the drivers failed to load from CD. Tried download fron ATI still no joy. I kept getting error mesaage saying try loading standard vga driver first???? I have a AMD 2400xp 2gb, asus a7v600-x, 1gb ram all on xp. I've heard ATI's are a pain to get running, but any help/advice would be appreciated before the card goes back to ebuyer

PsiFox 14:08 07 Jan 05

Standard vga drivers are the basic windows get you running display drivers.You need to let these install then run the ATI install program.

Did you run a driver cleaner when you ininstalled the nvidia card. if not thee may well be remnants of the drivers conflicting.

pasty2 14:23 07 Jan 05

I removed the nvidia drivers through the xp add/remove program option, is there another way? The system loaded xp ok and worked fine, except gaming, are the vga drivers in the xp install disk or the monitors?

PsiFox 14:53 07 Jan 05

Driver cleaner here
click here

needs to be run with the nvidia card in it, so you may need to uninstall the ATI first.

This may cause a problem. I have on many occasions performed a full reinstall especially when changing makes of GFX cards.

pasty2 16:31 08 Jan 05

cheers psifox worked a treat

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…