SanDisk Cruzer flash drive transferring files to other computer

Duncanf 13:45 PM 30 Jul 12

Just bought this drive primarily for storing files and transferring some onto another computer. Software includes SecureAccess and a vault for which passwords have to be generated. Does the 'other' computer have to have this software installed before it will be able to open the file(s) and is there an easier way by bypassing the more secure vault as none of the files are sensitive. Thank you for your help.

KRONOS the First 14:02 PM 30 Jul 12

Do you not have to put the documents into the vault before using Secure Access? If you are just copying day to day files etc. Then using the vault would not necessary I would have thought.

Just had a look here and it does not have to be installed on the PC.Click here.

Nontek 14:16 PM 30 Jul 12

You don't need any of the software on the Flash drive, Sandisk always put that rubbish on their drives - just not needed.

I would personally Format the Flash drive before using it.

Duncanf 14:20 PM 30 Jul 12

Thanks Chronus and Nontek. Never realised the 'Vault' was additional software to the drive. That's my question answered! Many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Book review: Hands-on with Microsoft's impressive first laptop (better yet, it's a tablet t)…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Walking Dead VFX: a look back from Seasons 1-6

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November