Sandisc 2gb SD card insists it is writ-protected

Talkinng Bear 10:05 11 Sep 07

Hi all, I have read other similar queries, but none seem to answer mine. I have the above card in a card reader, the unlock lever is in the unlock position, and the card is recognised by it (ie the green light is on). The card is also recognised by the phone I bought it for (a Samsung EH350), and by the computer as drive G. I have tried to format it by clicking on the drive in my computer, but it simply informs me that the drive is write protected, as does the same action in explorer.
I have searched sandiscs website with no avail, and have emailed them with the problem a month ago and not got a reply, similar from the e-bayer I bought the damn thing from.
Any help would be really appreciated!

mymate 10:44 11 Sep 07

click here

Scroll down to Cobee10 answer .See if that works,

Talking Bear 15:00 11 Sep 07

Thanks for your quick response "mymate", but the only difference this makes is that either a left or a right click brings up the hour glass, and everything just hangs.
Thanks for trying though.

Brad G 15:07 11 Sep 07

could do with a little more info :)

have you tried another SD card in the reader. does this work fine? if so, there is not a problem with the reader

have you tried the card in a different reader? if it works with another reader then you have an incompatability issue

and by anychance.. is your card reader built in to a laptop?

Shortstop 16:09 11 Sep 07

She was using Vista.

Turned out to be a compatibility problem [we did the same as Brad G is recommending above]. Other cards worked perfectly in her system, just not this on [different manufacturer to the others?].

I now have the card & it works fine on my XP machine :o)

HTH

Paul

Talking Bear 17:23 11 Sep 07

Thanks Brad G & Shortstop, I will try and do some elimination work. The card reader is not built into a laptop, and it works fine with the smartmedia card from my camera, so it seems the card reader is not the culprit. I think I forgot to mention that there is another component, the sandisc card is a micro SD, so is in a carrier.
Thanks again for your comments.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…