samsung tv and samsung bdd5500 smart hub player

Damarc 16:07 PM 30 Jul 11

I quite fancy one of these BDD5500s as it states that you can get BBC I-player and others through it. However it says that it's wifi ready and that you can buy a wifi dongle for about £45. With Sky my free broadband only allows me 2gbs of download a month which is normally ok for me but -player etc., uses up too much so I don't want to use my Sky broadband wifi for this player.

I don't really understand how a Samsung wifi dongle works as far as subscriptions are concerned. Is a one off purchase sufficient or is there a monthly subscription required to some provider?

Thirdly does a 3d blue ray player work fine with an ordinary HD Samsung TV?

Woolwell 19:25 PM 31 Jul 11

A wifi dongle gets its data from a wireless network. You have to pay at some sites eg hotels to get access to their network. In the home it would be free. I don't think that there would be a subscription otherwise. But I note your download limit and I think that it would be using your Sky broadband.

No idea about the 3D. Suggest you enquire in a showroom.

ps 3G dongles have a subscription.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…