Samsung sm308b combo drive

Newuser3024 13:35 22 Sep 03

I have an e-machine which originally had Windows ME. I have recently upgraded to Windows XP and now find that the CDRW/DVD combo will play CD's OK and will play the picture from a DVD but will not play any sound from a DVD.
Samsung only came up with the suggestion to upgrade the firmware which I have done - to no effect. There seems to be no support anywhere that I can find for this drive. Anyone out there who can help??

-pops- 13:42 22 Sep 03

What DVD playing software do you use?

-pops- 13:44 22 Sep 03

Do you have "Enable digital CD audio for this device" checked in device manager?

Post back if you want to know where that is.

tenplus1 13:46 22 Sep 03

It doesnt sound like it's you're combo drive that's the problem... It's reading the DVD data ok from the disc and displaying the picture ok...

Check the audio settings on your DVD Player Software and make sure that's ok...

David_IT 13:52 22 Sep 03

Using Windows Media Player and yes I have checked that both the drive and the software are set to use Digital CD Audio.
Also tried using a different hard drive this weekend and restored Windows ME and the drive worked perfectly with this.
Seems like it could be a compatability issue or maybe a missing codec in XP

David_IT 13:54 22 Sep 03

Just to let you all know that the original poster of the thread "Newuser 3024" is now "David_IT"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…