Samsung Series 7 Graphics Upgrade.

Digirunner 18:51 PM 11 Apr 12

I have a samsung series 7 i5, and I want to upgrade the RAM and upgrade the Grapics. When I bought it I didn't have the funds for the i7 version but so far I'm happy the i5.

The only problem is, I do a lot of CAD work in university, and need more graphics rather then intel graphics (and the RAM needs to be a little bigger, but thats pretty simple) and I was wondering how hard it would be? I'd like to hear of anyone else doing the same thing!

KRONOS the First 19:06 PM 11 Apr 12

Is this a desktop or laptop your on about? Can you post a link to your PC as we really need a bit more details.

Digirunner 11:13 AM 12 Apr 12
  KRONOS the First 11:34 AM 12 Apr 12

It is unlikely that you can do anything with the graphics on a the laptop and to be honest I am not sure your laptop and CAD really work.Something like an XPS 17 (L702x) is perfect for CAD. Quad-core (2.2Ghz) with turbo boost to over 3Ghz and 3Gb graphics card. Your graphics are really not up to the job.

Digirunner 11:43 AM 12 Apr 12

At the moment its working pretty well using Solidworks, better than I thought, apart from some complicated assemblies..

I'm not the biggest Dell fan, I was on the brink of buying an XPS or alienware but they're to big, heavy, ugly and noisy. My series 7 looks good and doesn't make a sound so I guess I can cope with the lack of performance for now.

Sometime in the future I'll have to upgrade to a desktop for my more complicated CAD needs, thanks for the advice though

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know