Samsung SATA DVDs stopped working on Vista SP1

Red Devil 11:00 24 Jul 08

Hi,

OK, I have 2 Samsung SH-S203N DVD-RAMs on my PC and have recently installed Vista SP1.

Both my drives are now non-functional. They open, they close, they read the disc - or attempt to - but Window's Device Manager reports that both drives have a problem.

It says that the driver has been corrupted. Some research on the internet has shown that this is a common problem with these drives and Vista SP1 and has suggested 3 possible solutions, all of which have failed to work.

They are - uninstall and then re-install the drivers, edit the registry to remove certain files (4 of them) and to check the seating of my drives).

I intend to contact Samsung's Tech Support about this but was hoping that someone here may have encountered this problem before - or know of it - and may have a solution or remedy for it.

So if anyone does I'd be extremely grateful for it.

Many thanks,

RD

Red Devil 12:18 24 Jul 08

Well,just goes to show you. I post this message and then find the solution for it.

It was to delete the LowerFilters entry in the registry that I *thought* I'd already deleted but obviously hadn't.

Still, all's well that ends well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…