Samsung RW Combo Drive & Easy CD Creator v6

Giggle n' Bits 17:52 20 Feb 05

Ok, my machine running XP Home SP2, with a Samsung Combo Drive has a CD with Easy CD Creator V 6.1.1.48 SP2 & Direct CD.

Problem is that when I go to install this it says drive not supported, ok so I go to the Roxio site and then it says it witll cost X £'s to download.

really confused why this disk is pointing me to buy the software when surely like Nero software you don't have to buy a update.

Does anyone understand this please.

beeuuem 19:22 20 Feb 05

What is the model number of your Samsung drive?

Giggle n' Bits 19:02 22 Feb 05

Sorry for late reply, the Drive is a new Samsung TS-H492A showing in the Device Manager & Firmware is TB04

beeuuem 02:35 23 Feb 05

Have you checked out the updates on this page?click here
Although they are pushing version7 free updates to version 6 are listed.

Giggle n' Bits 11:45 23 Feb 05

I got to that webpage but you have to register, which I did then from registration it said there is a problem with regestration process. I will try it again.

Giggle n' Bits 14:04 23 Feb 05

apart from the Drive update du20040820.exe when regestring the id key from the Cd it tells me it is invalid. Er its a new OEM Drive, and the code is invalid. So they say online site I need to pay online tech support of $35

Anyone know of a soloution please.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…