Samsung R700 won't boot up, makes 3 beeps, 1 long, 2 short

ridgback 16:26 PM 13 Nov 12

Hi folks, not very computer savvy so please bear with me. I tried to turn on my Samsung R700 earlier and it won't come on, it just beeps 3 times, 1 long and 2 short.

I get the feeling it's proably terminal but there are a some pictures on there I'd like to get. Fortunately I've backed up most of my photos to an external hard drive but there are some recent ones I have not yet backed up.

Can I recover them? I don't want to lose the pictures so would appreciate any advice/info given.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:36 PM 13 Nov 12

Beep Codes

1 long and 2 short. is usually video error which is not good new for a laptop as unlikely to be a loose graphics card.

Still worth removing and refitting RAM modules just in case.

ridgback 08:36 AM 14 Nov 12

Many thanks for the reply, next daft question how do I go about removing the RAM modules?

onthelimit1 10:28 AM 14 Nov 12

They are usually under a cover on the base. No the same model as yours, but the 520 manual from here will give you an idea. If all else fails, you could remove the hard drive and put it in a caddy to transfer data to another computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…