Samsung R60+ Laptop DVD problems....

Residual 08:41 20 Feb 08

Dear all I recently purchased a R60+ laptop from Play.com. I was overjoyed with the product, however when I tried playing DVD movies on the machine I ran into a problems.

The problem I'm experiencing is that the drive is able to read cds and dvds with programs on them. However when I try to play DVD movies the drive locks up just keeps on spinning. I cant eject the disc nor get into My Computer to see the DVD drive. The drive just whrrrzzz around at high speed. In the end I have to turn the machine off and reboot.
I have found that the DVD plays movies sometimes when I've placed a cd containing a program such as a game into a drive and then placed a movie DVD.

Could this problem be attributed to a faulty drive or driver conflict. Could anyoneplease help as this is really bugging me.

Thanks

chris o 22:48 22 Feb 08

Are the DVDs region free? American DVD will not usually play in UK drives.
Magic DVD ripper will copy DVD to your hard drive and remove the code.
If you have another PC with 2 DVD drives you can copy direct to a blank DVD and remove the code. I recently had to do this on some DVD I purchased on Ebay with US region code.
You can download and use the program a total of 5 (?) times for free.
click here

skidzy 22:54 22 Feb 08

Try Vlc to play the dvd's click here

Any error codes ?

Few options here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced