Samsung Q310 Charging Issues

Stuarthouston 13:52 18 Dec 09

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone can shed any light on this. My Samsung Q310 laptop has recently has some issues with charging. When you plug it in to the wall, the charging light flashes orange. However, there is no mention of this in the manual, which say it should either be solid orange (charging) or solid green (fully charged).

I've tried the standard battery out, power button for 30 secs reset, but that didn't do anything.

If anyone could shed any light on what this might be linked to, I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers,
-Stuart

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:29 18 Dec 09

The flashing battery light is an indication that the system is attempting to charge the battery. The orange light indicates a problem charging one of the battery cells. This usually means that the battery either needs to be recalibrated or replaced. To recalibrate the battery just use the system until the battery is dead, then recharge and repeat the process twice, after which time the battery should be recalibrated. If this doesn’t fix the flashing orange light then the battery may need to be replaced.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5