samsung notebook some keys not working

sunnystaines 09:13 07 Oct 13

samsung 110 notebook on w7 starter. yesterday letter S both in small case and caps world not work, tried in word and on a web.

by pressing it really hard it would temp work. I can partly lift the key but not sure which way it clips off do not want to force it the wrong way in case it snaps, hoping a clean under the key might fix but what i can see looks clean anyway.

any advice please.

onthelimit1 10:25 07 Oct 13

I'd try lifting the keyboard and reseating the flat cable. This service manual is for an NC10, but could be similar. If that doesn't cure it, I'd go for a new keyboard.

To prove it, try plugging in a USB one.

Woolwell 10:54 07 Oct 13

Could well be something under they key. A couple of years ago my old laptop developed a problem with a couple of keys. I discovered that the silicon drying bag in the laptop bag had split and a couple of tiny silicon balls had found their way under the laptop keys.

sunnystaines 18:52 07 Oct 13

onthelimit1

thanks for the link, i will try and lift the key of first if i can find out how.

woolwel thanks for reply

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…