Samsung NC10 - poor WiFi

oldbeefer2 18:01 19 Sep 09

Delighted with newly aquired netbook, but found the WiFi range dreadful - could only pick up in one room in the house. Swapped the WiFi card for a Broadcom (12 quid from ebay), and now get 4 out of 5 bars throughout the house and in the garden. Anyone else had problems with the installed card, please?

sunnystaines 18:53 19 Sep 09

I thought the NC10 was replaced by the NC110, if you have only just bought it, could you not take it back for exchange due to the poor wifi.

keverne 19:13 19 Sep 09

What power setting do you have it running on?

oldbeefer2 19:27 19 Sep 09

sunny - I believe it's running in parallel with the 110 for now. I have no complaints now with the new card - it's doing everything I think it should have done in the first place.

daconnor - I haven't changed any settings and the WiFi performance is now brilliant, whereas before it was pathetic!

I suspected a card problem as my previous Dell laptop (same card as I now have) had no strength problems.

oldbeefer2 19:32 19 Sep 09

sunny - P.S. - most of the reports I've read rate the NC10 higher than the 110 anyway - not the first time a new product is inferior to the one it replaces!

sunnystaines 19:43 19 Sep 09

thanks, thinking of one in the near future either samsung or MSI waiting to see if they get W7 & how the performance and battery go or if they get enhanced hardware for W7. Do you think they need 2g of RAM?

superhoops 19:43 19 Sep 09

No problem with my NC10, wifi very good. Suggest definate fault in yours

oldbeefer2 21:22 19 Sep 09

sunny - for what I use it for on XP, 1gb is ample. Be careful where you buy it from, as batteries can vary see click here.

superhoops. Interseting - perhaps my card was faulty. As all OK now, I'll leave it.

sunnystaines 21:57 19 Sep 09

useful link thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…