Samsung Nc10 Notebook.........

julius44 06:39 11 Mar 09

hell there, i'm travelling to west africa soon for a while, and i was interested in getting a notebook.....ive been seeing reviews on the samsung nc10, which was reviewed in the feb edition of pc advisor mag and it was given a pc advisor gold award

here is the review for it from trusted reviews
click here.

I've looked at the specs for it, and images too, BUT i cant seem to make out if it has a CD rom drive, as i'd like to import my itunes library on it from my external hard drive, for me to listen to all my music with it. I do realise this is windows xp SP3, but this is fine with me as my current desktop is xp too, which i love, ...and also the battery life for this machine is really staggering too., Aslo can u please confirm this has wifi, i know its easy to upgrade it to 2gb as well, and i'm also looking for the CHEAPEST price for this lnotebook pls. i think the 160Gb hard drive is more the enuff for me. Any help advice on this notebook would be much appreciated, thanks

superhoops 06:58 11 Mar 09

I was looking at this as well. In common with all netbooks it doesn't have an cd/dvd drive. You need to plug in an external usb drive for instals or toi import your itunes you will need an external hard drive to plug in.

tullie 07:44 11 Mar 09

Dident think any netbooks had a cd drive.
Isuppose you could put your music on a pen drive and play or import from there?

julius44 08:00 11 Mar 09

okay, then,thanks loads, superhoops, and tullie, which means that the samsung 1 is no good to me,,....boohoo, cos i wanted to burn my cds. Okay then can u all please send me any links for good laptops please.....at cheap prices..my budget is £350-£400. I'm just looking for something CHEAP, light, and have enuff featues..including the cd burner obviously, as i said i'm travelling in a few weeks time,.......decent battery life, decent features, but BELOW £400!!! it can be windoes xp or vista then.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5