Samsung NC10 Alt Key Advise

Jarosik 21:52 19 May 10

Hello folks, my first post, thanks for having me.

I have a Samsung NC10 netbook and I am finding it next to impossible to create characters that you would traditionally use the alt button + 014 for example. Each time I press alt + any combination in a browser, it seems to pick the nearest hyper link and redirect me (on Facebook for example, the number one will direct me to my own profile, two to my friend request, three my message, etc etc - some sort of progressive mapping of the page based on the quantity of the number).

Now I have another problem which I think may be connected. My greater/more than symbols (used in conjuction with shift plus a period/comma) do not enter themselves correctly onto documents that require them for code such as wordpress editing etc. Even though they appear to me on screen, to other editors on my site they appear as < and &t; (just in case that doesn't work & l t ; ).

I'm trying to insert pictures into articles from Picapp, and the greater/less than symbols are required to wrap the code. As the site is taking my input as the wrong thing.

I hope people understand what I'm waffling on about, and would really appreciate any feedback or assistance possible.

Thank you and kind regards,

Louis.

Jarosik 21:53 19 May 10

I didn't have a preview button before I put it through but yes it looks like just one of the two symbols. < >

Jarosik 21:54 19 May 10

Oh wait... oh dear.

It's still not working on Wordpress anyway! :D

I still have the alt+xxx issue however.

Sorry to be a pain in the backside. :$

ronalddonald 14:06 23 May 10

may be if you refer to the handbook that came with the computer should be a book or a PDF file on disk may have the answers.

davey emcee 00:02 25 May 10

Try looking here
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…