Samsung ML4500 Printer - drivers for XP

anchor 17:10 28 Mar 03

I have just bought this printer and its great!.

I have Win-ME and the drivers installed fine. However, sometime in the future I will have to change to XP, and drivers for XP seem not to be available.

Is anyone using the printer with XP, and if so, what drivers have you used?.

TOPCAT® 17:15 28 Mar 03

Not using this printer or XP but drivers can be found click here TC.

Tenner 17:20 28 Mar 03

I'm sure somebody has mentioned alternative drivers in another thread in the last fortnight or so, was it TOPCAT® ? ( much head scratching, but grey matter isn't up to usual slow standard ) Will search.

Regards

Tenner 17:31 28 Mar 03

Got it ! The old Altzheimers must be in remission !

Try click here and look for Aspman's comment about halfway down the thread re Lexmark drivers

Regards

anchor 19:33 28 Mar 03

Thank you Topcat and Tenner.

I have contacted Aspman for the Lexmark model number that corresponds to the Samsung ML-4500.

I have also downloaded from Topcat`s source, but the comments page for this indicate very variable results; some praise it, some have problems.

€dstow 09:16 29 Mar 03

click here about no 30 down the list.

€d

Tenner 10:24 29 Mar 03

What list ? Can you check the link please ?

Regards

spuds 10:41 29 Mar 03

Using Edstow's link.Click on connect again on opening timed-out page,new page-click on support,then file downloads,select driver et al,then Go,Download page for Samsung driver range will appear. For the ML-4500 depending on o/s check 1-2-28-33-70-71-94-95. Hope this helps (;o)

anchor 11:37 29 Mar 03

Thanks €dstow, found it and downloaded.

Tenner: yes, you have to play around on the site, but I got in in the end.

Aspman 15:09 30 Mar 03

I haven't actually used this printer under XP the driver availability was something I had read rather than tried. It is definitely sold under the lexmark name aswell (for double the price with Dell).

I think you lose some of the advanced funtions within the drivers when you use the Lexmark drivers but it works 'alledgedly'.

Stonking little printer for the money though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…