Samsung Memory

Ritchbee 13:57 30 Oct 06

Two questions and some advice please

I currently have 2 sticks 512mb of Samsung memory in my Asus A7N8X Deluxe mobo and I believe there are 3 slots available.

click here

I would like to add another 1Gb of ram but am unsure if this will make any difference to my PC.

click here

Is it possible to add another make of memory stick to the ones I already have ?.

Many thanks

FreeCell 14:34 30 Oct 06

Looks like you can add memory from the links you provided. Suggest you use the Crucial advisor tool to check what is installed and confirm.
click here

Whether it will make a noticable improvement in your PC depends on the type of applications you run, yes if top end graphics games photo/video editing, but internet & general applications not much.

Totally-braindead 14:44 30 Oct 06

You can use any make you like but it has to be the correct memory, agree with FreeCells suggestion to look at Crucial. Had a look myself and they say you board can take up to 3gig. 1 gig in each slot click here
As to whether you will actually notice the difference as Freecell says it depends on what you do and with many things you will notice no difference whatsoever, it will be faster but will be so slight I doubt you would notice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5