Samsung M3 Portable External Hard Drive

Claram 11:17 AM 03 Feb 13

I bought this device yesterday and was in the process of moving some recorded TV shows over to it, and it wasn't telling me how long it would take, or how much had been transferred over, so I stopped it mid action. When I tried to view the file it said some of the data was corrupted and unreadable. I tried to delete this file, but it wouldn't allow me to, as the file contained data. In a fit of sleepy annoyance I went into the Drive Manager and deleted all of the data. Now the computer won't even recognise it when I plug it in, and I have no idea how to get it working again. I have ran both types of diagnostics on the device and it says it is working perfectly.

Please help!

Claram 11:52 AM 03 Feb 13

I've actually just sorted it out myself by tinkering around with it. I added a partition, then formatted it. Then unplugged it and plugged it back into the system, Et Voila!

The computer once again recognises it, and happiness has been restored :D

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED