Samsung LED TV - with or w/o internet tv?

alpeshxp 11:32 09 Jan 11

Considering purchasing a 40inch LED tv from Samsung either the UE40C6000 (around £650) or the UE40C6530 (around £750)

The 6530 has Samsungs Internet@tv funnctionality which allows one to watch BBCiplayer, Youtube, and other specific internet contents on the tv if connected to a Wifi connection

I believe the dongle which allows a wireless connection is extra around £50

Any views on which would be better model to buy

I am not interested in other makes since have done my research and find Samsungs LED range whilst not as good performers as a Panasonic or Sony look so much better

Any advice appreciated

User-312386 11:46 09 Jan 11

I would save my money. Do you have a Wii? If so you can get all that on the Wii, of course i am being a little over presumptuos as you may not have a Wii.

northumbria61 11:49 09 Jan 11

If you NEED and would USE the added functional features of connecting to the Internet especially on a 40in screen then that is the one I would go for otherwise you would just be wasting your money.
I do agree the Samsung range is excellent - spoilt for choice !

lotvic 12:09 09 Jan 11

Thank you for that excellent link, I've been in a quandary over which tv to buy, can now make a much better informed choice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced