Samsung Laser not working with Publisher

-pops- 08:56 08 May 03

A minor niggle but I've just found out that may Samsung ML1210 printer doesn't function when printing, or trying to print, items from M$ Publisher. As I said, only a minor niggle as I was only using this printer for proofing.

What happens is that when going to print either from the icon or from Ctrl + P the printer goes through the motions of starting and then shows an out of paper message.

All other programs I have including the other items from Office XP Pro print OK to the Samsung and I would be interested to know if anyone else has this or can offer an explanation.

As I said above, only a minor problem. More curiosity than anything else.

-pops- 16:03 08 May 03

Oh well, never mind.

anchor 16:33 08 May 03

I had a similar curious occurence last week when my Samsung ML-4500 printer refused to print from MS Word 2000. It printed fine from everything else.

I reinstalled MS Word, and all was well again.

-pops- 16:38 08 May 03

Thanks, anchor. Bit drastic but I'll bear it in mind.

jolorna 18:32 08 May 03

when i used publisher it installed its own printer icon with the printers and i had to use that one to print from and not my xerox

-pops- 18:41 08 May 03

The printer icon on Publisher points to the Samsung (default) printer but the error comes up just the same as if I use Ctrl + P. At least doing Ctrl + P I have the choice of my other printers ( an Epson C80 or a Xerox C20).

Maybe it's because the printer was installed after Publisher and thus it can't see it properly but then, that doesn't explain why all the other Office components can see it.

jolorna 19:00 08 May 03

the publisher printers are postscript and are on the office disc it might be that your samsung isn't a postscript printer

-pops- 19:03 08 May 03

Good thinking.

I'll have a sort out tomorrow.

Tenner 11:26 10 May 03

Had a similar problem with a trade prog - 1210 would print all text, irrespective of colour, but graphs were blank. Have no such probs with old Brother laser, maybe it is, as jolorna says, something to do with postscript - but then I'm not tech savvy. I'll let you know if I find anything.

Re-installing drivers didn't work. No reply from Samsung.

A niggle, I agree.

-pops- 11:48 10 May 03

Haven't sussed it but I think I'll leave it alone - don't want to upset things too much. The Samsung works on everything else and I can always use my inkjets on Publisher (which I would do for the final colour printing anyway).

Thanks everyone

Spencus 12:51 10 May 03

Just tried my ML1210 with publisher 2002,it works ok using the publisher icon,so I doubt if its a printer fault

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…