Samsung laptop wont switch on

kevin6966 18:38 14 Aug 14

Hi my samsung laptop wont switch on i have used it today but turned it off now wont swithch back on any ideas. Kevin

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:08 14 Aug 14

fuse in plug

try another socket

led lit on adaptor if fitted?

check lead in adaptor

check jack plug not loose where plugged into laptop

try on mains with battery removed

disconnect battery and mains press and hold power button for 30 secs reconnect mains and retry.

Jollyjohn 19:33 14 Aug 14

I have a customer that has a faulty power button on a Samsung laptop, sometimes takes 5 or 6 attempts to switch on - have advised, once on leave on and allow to sleep, double check "Wake on" settings in BIOS and under power settings so any key will wake laptop.

sunnystaines 10:45 15 Aug 14

i had this with my samsung a few days short of being 12 mths old. tried many things in the end samsung sent a courier to collect under warranty returned it a week later with new hdd and new motherboard, but could not find out from them any info on the cause. [only problem since bios will not update, but not bothered about that]

if you ring samsung and get a poor response ring again some are very helpful and tried hard to solve your problem others hopless and lazy they are are mixed bag

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…